The Best Rated Finger Pulse Oximeter (Check These Out These Options!)
Finger pulse oximeters are a great little device that measures the amount of oxygen in a person’s blood. They are also used to measure the pulse rate and pulse intensity.
Hospitals, doctor’s surgeries, and people at home can all use finger pulse oximeters. In this article, we are going to look at some of the best-rated finger pulse oximeters on the market.
Within this article, the following areas will be discussed:
- What is a finger pulse oximeter?
- What are some things to consider when buying a finger pulse oximeter
- What is the best rated finger pulse oximeter?
What Is a Finger Pulse Oximeter?
As briefly mentioned in the introduction, a finger pulse oximeter is a small device that can measure the following:
- The amount of oxygen in your blood
- Your pulse rate
- Your pulse rate intensity
This is a quicker and easier way of measuring blood oxygen as opposed to taking a blood sample.
How Does It Work?
Using a finger pulse oximeter is straightforward. The device uses red and infrared lighting to measure oxygen saturation. This does not hurt. All you have to do is insert your finger inside the oximeter. The finger oximeter will take approximately 10 seconds to pick up a signal and display your results.
Things to Consider When Buying a Finger Pulse Oximeter
There are many things to consider when buying a finger pulse oximeter. If you are looking at buying your finger pulse oximeter, there are a few things that you should be considering:
- Levels of accuracy = Be sure to select a finger pulse oximeter that has been recommended for its level of accuracy. Some devices include a warning light, which helps to indicate whether there is interference with your finger reading. This will allow you to ensure you get an accurate result each time you use it.
- Alarms = Some finger pulse oximeters give out an audible sound which tells users whether or not their oxygen levels are low. This is helpful if you are not 100% familiar with what levels are considered to be high or low.
- Battery life = If you are using a finger pulse oximeter for personal use, you do not necessarily need an extremely long battery life, but it is always something to consider when buying products like these.
Now that we have looked at some of the key features of finger pulse oximeters and what you need to consider when buying, we can now take a look at our 5 best rate finger pulse oximeters.
The 5 Best Rated Finger Pulse Oximeter Choices!
Below we have outlined 5 finger pulse oximeters that come highly recommended. Along with each product review, we have provided a link for you to gain further information.
1. Zacurate 500BL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Batteries and Lanyard
First on our list is the Zacurate 500BL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. This product is perfect for those who want to measure their blood oxygen saturation levels.
Below we have outlined a few key features of the product:
- Accurate and reliable which ensures that your results are as accurate as possible;
- Determines your levels of blood oxygen saturation;
- Determines your pulse rate and intensity within 10 seconds;
- Manufactured according to CE and FDA standards, and used by doctors.
This product is designed for sport and health enthusiasts who want to keep track of their pulse rate, pulse intensity, and blood oxygen saturation levels.
2. AccuMed CMS-50DL Finger Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen SpO2 Sports and Aviation Monitor
Next on our list is the AccuMed CMS-50DL Finger Pulse Oximeter. Again, this is another fantastic product that provides fast and convenient readings for blood oxygen saturation levels and pulse readings.
Below we have outlined a few key features of the product:
- Fits all finger sizes, including children
- Reads pulse rate in less than 10 seconds
- Bright LED screen for your convenience to read your results
- Low power consumption. The finger pulse oximeter will turn itself off when not in use
- Up to 24 hours of battery life
- Designed for home use and traveling.
3. Deluxe SM-110 Two Way Display Finger Pulse Oximeter with Carry Case and Neck/Wrist Cord
This Santamedical Deluxe SM-110 Two Way Display Finger Pulse Oximeter was redesigned in 2015 to ensure precision and accuracy.
The product is another great purchase if you wish to check your pulse rates and blood oxygen saturation levels.
Below we have included a few more key features about the Santamedical Deluxe Finger Pulse Oximeter:
- Designed for sports enthusiasts
- Obtain your results at home and on the go
- Small portable size making it easier to take with you when you leave the house
- Fast reading with high accuracy
- Results in numbers as well as bar graphs
- Low battery indicator
- An auto shut off
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries.
4. Zacurate Pro Series 500DL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
This finger pulse oximeter is brought to you by Zacurate. Zacurate is a well-established company that provides an array of health products.
This fingertip pulse oximeter is another great choice for you on the market if you are thinking of keeping track of your pulse and oxygen blood saturation levels.
For a great price, you will be provided with:
- Determines your Sp02 levels (blood oxygen saturation)
- Pulse rate and intensity measured within 10 seconds
- Manufactured according to CE and FDA standards, and used by doctors
- Measurement performance: Oxyhemoglobin and Pulse value can be shown
5. Innovo Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Plethysmograph and Perfusion Index
Finally on our list is the Innovo Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Plethysmograph and Perfusion Index. Again, this product is another great choice for measuring your pulse.
Below we have included a few key product features:
- Visual representation of your heartbeat
- Numerical representation of your pulse and pulse strength
- Choose your layout to personalize your oximeter
- An auditory alarm can be set in case your pulse rate and/or your Sp02 are over their limits
As you can see, there are lots of products available to you to measure your pulse, pulse intensity, and blood oxygen saturation levels. We strongly recommend that you are a sports fanatic or health enthusiast, then you invest in a finger pulse oximeter.
Even if you are not into sports, and you want to just check your overall health, the finger pulse oximeter is great to keep track of your pulse and blood oxygen levels.